Deep House / House / Tech-house
September 3rd, 2012
This house ad tech-house mix is deep, soothing and light.
Born on a rainy day in Athens, Greece, Anestie Gomez always had an innate and almost unbearable itch for music. At the age of nine, his dad sponsored the purchase of his first vinyl record, Deep Purple’s Made in Japan. “Growing up with 70’s and 80’s rock sparked a lifestyle of not caring much,” he admits, but it also made him quickly realize his love for music. Unable to play any instruments, DJing became the quick remedy he was searching for.
Gomez’s solid mixing skill complements his energy behind the decks, solidifying gigs with top-notch talent such as dOP, Lee Curtiss, Kassem Mosse, Mikael Stavostrand, Audiojack, Lee Burridge, James Zabiela and more, appearing in Tokyo, Mexico, USA and London as well as a guest mix for Nic Fanciulli’s prestigious Worlwide Sounds radio show.
Following another childhood dream, Anestie moved to San Francisco in 2007. Enthralled with the surreal reality of the city, Anestie blended in with the bohemian ambiance of San Francisco as if the city was built for him. It was this laid-back vibe that sparked an instant connection with the fellow DJs of the Werd. crew; an accidental meeting in a San Francisco nightclub brought the gang together, driven by a collective passion for deep minimal tech house.
He also makes records.
- Public Lover - Un Ciel Rouge / Edit - The Song Says
- Marc Neyen - Chat Noir - Archipel
- Szare - Action Five - Idle Hands
- Pi Ensemble - Mirror Light (Archie Hamilton Edit) - Yojik Concon
- Rico Puestel - I Only Wear This Bonnet Here - Progcity
- Priku - La Patinoteca - A:rpia:r
- Ittetsu - 1019 - Fuse London
- Cabanne - Hache De Zoo - Minibar
- Stefan Gubatz - Transistor - Telrae
- Jules De Pearl - Under A Spell - MBF
- Smak - Fifth Limb (Safeword Mix) - Riff Raff
- Mr. Statik - Nostalgia - CD-r
- Pantha Du Prince - Stick To My Side (Efdemin Mix) - Rough Trade
- Standard Fair - In Front Wall - Recycle
- Andras Toth - Would U - Alphahouse