Sheffield / New York
House / Tech-house
March 18th, 2013
A playful and stompy foray through tech-house, house and throw-back sounds
D Ramirez’s career as a hugely busy producer and DJ is not to be sniffed at. Having played on every continent he has performed at festivals like Glastonbury and Global Gathering and held residencies at the world’s top clubs; both Cream and Space in Ibiza and Avalon In Los Angeles to name a few.
As well as commercial success with charting hits and even a Top Of The Pops appearance, D. Ramirez has also received a number of illustrious industry awards throughout his career as a producer from the likes of DJ Magazine (best producer and best remix 2007), iDJ (player of the Year) and even an Ivor Novello nomination for his now classic remix of Bodyrox ‘Yeah Yeah’. His work with Mark Knight and Toolroom Records has also garnered critical acclaim, most famously his and Mark’s collaborative track ‘Downpipe’ which became an underground anthem around the world. Other notable collaborations have been ice-cold house tracks with James Mowbray and Matt Tolfrey, plus two co-productions on the 2011 Underworld album ‘Barking’.
Inspired by the noises of his tough-talking DJ sets, his sound has been rejuvenated of late by deep house, house and techno. If you consider his meticulous DJ mixes where loops, tricks and FX are intricately laced with exceptional accuracy or his studio methods where he’s known to tinker with noises for days on end, this exploration of deeper genre seems a logical and natural progression. 2012 was a fruitful year for D. Ramirez; a relocation to New York in May saw him begin a new collaboration series with some of the city’s most exciting producers, and recently his releases ‘Fragile Tension’ and ‘Tease Machine’ EP through Germany’s Great Stuff label have caused a much deserved stir and further cemented D. Ramirez as a key figure at the forefront of fresh and innovative house. His productions are sounding slicker than ever and his constantly evolving creativity continues to propel his career to reach new heights.
- D.Ramirez - 'Fragile Tension' - Great Stuff
- Claude Von Stroke - 'Turbosteppa' - Dirty Bird
- Sharem Jay, Night Talk - 'The Future' - Saura
- Shadow Child - 'So High' (Hot Since 82 Mix) - Moda Black
- Nic Fanciulli - 'Movin On' - Saved
- D.Ramirez And Cevin Fisher - 'Restless' - Great Stuff
- Duke Dumont - 'Thunder Clap' - Turbo
- D.Ramirez - 'Tease Machine' - Great Stuff
- Pleasurekraft, Green Velvet - 'Skeleton Key' (Format B Remix) - Great Stuff
- Layo And Bushwaka - 'Raw Defined' - Olmeto Recordings
- Marc Romboy, Kink - 'Over And Out' - Systematic Recordings
- DJ Lion, Metodi Hristov - ' Blow Up' - Patent Skillz
- NiCe 7 - 'Time To Get Physical' - Noir Music