Haus Breuckelen Recordings
Downtempo / Hip-Hop
January 10th, 2011
The Jedi Code. Classic Downtempo and Trip-Hop with and infusion of Oldschool Brooklyn Hip-Hop ranging two decades.
Forming a passion for music at an early age, Kenobi, aka Nathan Ursch has been behind the decks for almost two decades. In the 80’s he noticed an overwhelming addiction to anything made with electronic instruments. The instrumental mix or bonus beats tracks of the time always seemed better and more listen-able. Inspired by the early 90’s jazz breaks movement in hip-hop, Kenobi was inspired by the hippie funk of De La Soul while understanding the raw technique of capital jams from Digable Planets and Rakim. “It was all over after that,” states the Jedi.
Originating from the Mid-West, Kenobi has planted his musical influence in the Northwest, Bay Area, Berlin and now New York City. Always experimenting with genres ranging from Downtempo, Hip-Hop, Broken Beat, all forms of House, Deep Techno and whatever fascinates his ear. With strong music influences ranging from Chicago House, Detroit Techno and Hip-Hop, Bossa Nova, 70’s Rare Groove and Tribal Rhythms; Kenobi has enough in his arsenal to keep his listeners interested. Acute programming skills, and the overwhelming urge to push himself, Kenobi constantly surrounds his daily life with a sense of refinement. Well versed in Futurism, Modern Architecture, Mid-Century Design, Japanese Minimalism, Swiss Typography and the science of nature itself, there’s a noticeable language of design that translates into his musical taste. Kenobi spends his days consulting on interior design projects throughout the city along with making tasteful playlists for designer showrooms.
- Photek - Into the 90's - Metalheadz
- Show & AG - Suspended In Time (Instrumental) - Payday
- Dabrye - Making It Pay - Ghostly International
- Urban Tribe - Eastward - Mo Wax
- DJ Krush - Meiso (Original Mix) - Mo Wax
- The Prunes - The Night Side - Mo Wax Excursions
- The Jigmastas - Dead Man Walking (inst.) - Beyond Real
- DJ Smash - Gimme Some - New Breed
- DJ Cam -Dieu Reconnaitra Les Siens - Street Jazz Productions
- Luke Vibert - Dance Music - Mo Wax
- Gang Starr - DWYCK (Album Version) - Chrysalis
- Sam Sever And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Do You Understand? - Mo Wax
- Digable Planets - Cool Like Dat (Wicked Mix) - White Label
- Reborn - Right To Be (Original Rockers Epic Mix) - Island Records
- Blackmoon - Buck 'em down ((Da Beatminerz Remix) - Wreck Records
- Air - Modular (DJ Cam's No Protection Remix) - Source Records
- Blackmoon - Who got the props? (Evil Dee's Deadly Mix) - Nervous Records
- La Funk Mob - Ravers Suck Our Sound (N.O.W. Mix) - Mo Wax
- Tek 9 - Is It On? (DJ Cam Mix) - SSR Records
- 9 lazy 9 - Take Nine - Ninja Tune
- Kenny Dope - Mr. Dope - W. Records Inc.
- DJ Spinna - Nostalgia - Up Above Records
- Kenny Dope - Get on Down - TNT Records
- Nightmares On Wax - Pudpots - Warp Records
- Gang Starr - Code Of The Streets (Album Version) - Chrysalis
- Headnodic - Broccoli - Insidious Urban Records